Wednesday, November 10

Day 03 - Your Parents












As have been set out. I have two parents. (Here I would love to say, one mother and one mother or one father and one father, that is however not the case.) One mother and one father. There's probably there the normal-ness of it stops. My dad moved out when I was roundabout 12 and stayed in his apartment 300 km away during the weeks and came home during the weekends. When I was in grade 11 my mum moved out to her apartment and stayed there during the weeks and came back to the house during the weekends.

My parents means so much to me. They have supported me with everything I've wanted to do. From being taxis, acting as banks, transporting shelves from Sweden to SA, moral support - you name it.

As they are not so much for planning, well it has given me more than any plans could have. I've realised, amongst others; it doesn't matter if you might not know the address of the hotel you're going to. It doesn't matter if you can't speak the same language as the taxi driver, you can have a conversation for half an hour anyway. Never trust someone when they talk about the weather nor the distance, especially not my mother, cause she really doesn't know. It doesn't matter if maybe you happen to take wrong on the returndate and rock up at the airport a day in advance. It doesn't matter if you happen to run out of petrol in the middle of rural Africa. If you trip (think not making a sound on your toes) away from a seller at a market he will lower the price. If the locals look funny at you, you might have taken the wrong turn somewhere.

Haha my parents are rather chilled. And music should be played loud or not at all. And football, well put it like this, if Carlstad United was an individual or a dog, he would have been part of our family.