Friday, April 29


So today I went to the library in Walmer because I really need some new books. And in the one I'm reading now they keep going on about this book that was banned during the apartheid-era. So obviously I'm the way I am and just need to see what the fuss is about. However, the library doesn't have it so I chose a Margaret Atwood book instead haha. Completely normal behaviour. However, there's this little second hand bookshop next door...... So 10 rand later I am now the proud (....not knowing any better....) owner of Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton. And damn shall I be disappointed if it doesn't live up to these expectations of mine!

Otherwise I just got home from having drinks at News Cafe, rather freezing outside. Now a cup of coffee and some accounting as there's a great lack of ecos in my inbox...... Have I ever mentioned I LOVE group assignments?!